Receive Compensation with a Proactive Workers Compensation Attorney in Newport News, VA
Individuals who suffer from work-related injuries and disease are eligible for compensation. However, the process to recoup all of the Workers Compensation benefits is at times difficult.
With such a complex system in place, you’ll likely need a reputable workers’ compensation attorney in Newport News, VA, to receive adequate compensation while you recover.
With more than 45 years of experience, attorneys Stephen A. Dunnigan and Marc P. Messier will guide you through the legal process.
Workers Compensation Benefits
Benefits that you may qualify for include the following:
- Compensation for lost wages
- Compensation for a permanent disability
- Compensation for medical expenses, including mileage
- Rehabilitation assistance
- Death benefits for worker family members
Additional Steps to Back Your Claim
At Dunnigan & Messier, PC, we have a broad knowledge of workers’ compensation claims reaching all types of professions, injuries, and situations. Our team will fight for your claim, but it’s also important that you take the following steps to ensure your benefits aren’t overlooked or denied.
- Immediately notify your employer when hurt on the job.
- Give written notice as soon as possible. Record the time, date, and place of the activity. This notification begins the compensation process.
- Seek proper medical attention.
- Report the injury to your insurance company and the workers’ compensation commission. Do not provide any official statement without legal counsel.
- Follow doctor’s orders. Not adhering to the limitations set by a medical professional could invalidate your claim.
- Seek and engage professional legal counsel.
We’ll Fight for Your Rights
Our attorneys are knowledgeable, experienced, and determined to aggressively advocate for your rights.
We serve the Virginia Peninsula, specifically in the cities of Newport News, Williamsburg, Hampton, Virginia Beach, Norfolk, Suffolk, Isle of Wight, Southside, Chesapeake, Smithfield, Poquoson, and Windsor, and in York, Charles City and James Counties.
To speak to a workers’ compensation attorney in Newport News, VA, about a claim, contact us at 757-595-7777.